The Developing Child Learning Model provides guiding principles to help you create a successful homeschool. Click on each principle to learn more.
Developing Child Learning Model
- Children need time, space, and resources.
- Children retain content when they’re engaged in the learning process.
- Children learn important skills when they’re active participants in the learning process.
- Integrated learning makes subject matter more meaningful and makes learning more effective.
- Children benefit from participation in the arts.
- Children benefit from positive role models who exemplify curiosity, creativity, and servant-leadership.
- Children experience success when goals are based on individual needs and abilities.
- Assessment should be an integral part of the learning process.
- Children benefit from maintining a healthy lifestyle and developing healthy relationships.
Copyright © 2017 Sharon J. Miller